FILO 0.4 [PMX:#]

Greg Watson gwatson at lanl.gov
Sun Apr 4 19:41:01 CEST 2004

Correct. I haven't included linux_load, though it would probably be
easy to do. FILO simply calls elfboot to load the image from a
filesystem.

Merging FILO with etherboot is a fine idea, but it doesn't solve the
loader problem for PPC. At this point I don't see any requirement to
port etherboot to PPC, but if anyone would like to take it on then feel
free. :-)

I think the case for including a simple FILO-like loader in linuxbios
is a strong one. Apart from instant PPC loader support and reducing the
difficulty of deploying linuxbios, it's possible to make use of much of
the existing linuxbios code which significantly reduces duplication and
complexity in the payload.

Greg