Re: 答复: FILO 0.4 [PMX:#]

Greg Watson gwatson at lanl.gov
Sat Apr 3 20:03:01 CEST 2004

Yeah sorry, I kind of did that by stealth. Ron and I get lots of
requests from people wanting to use LB but who don't know how to deal
with the payload issue. We decided that it would be really nice to have
a simple bootloader that understands some basic filesystems built into
LB. That way people can get going without having to deal with etherboot
or FILO directly. A nice side effect is that it simplifies the FILO
code significantly - in fact the only code that is really required is
the filesystem support. Also, another major plus is that the code
supports PPC as well as x86. Up to now I've had no bootloaders
(etherboot or FILO) that work on PPC.

Greg