VIA EPIA SPD

ron minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Tue Sep 30 12:07:00 CEST 2003

I'm getting a bad feeling about SPD on EPIA.

I have tried to scan SPD on both a normal bios and linuxbios, and I don't
get any real data back. The SMBUS hardware all acts correctly, but on
linuxbios every SPD byte reads back as 0, and on the normal bios every spd
byte reads back as 3.

now, on earlier VIA platforms I have had, SPD has only been connected to
one slot, not all slots. I have some concern that SPD is not wired at all
on EPIA. VIA had expressed concern to me about the many errors in low-end
SEEROMs used on DRAM, and felt that SPD was not always a good way to go.

Can anyone out there confirm or deny my speculation on SPD on EPIA?

SPD scan code available on request.

ron