V2 EPIA FIXED!

ron minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Mon Sep 29 16:02:00 CEST 2003

Here's what I had to do. First, though, let me say: the new linuxbios
architecture, while hard to get the hang of (learning curve) is very
powerful.

You can have a mainboard-specific pci scan function, and that's what I
needed. I may put this as a generic thing into the pci device code.

See below for how it works. Basically, for your mainboard, you provide a
function that scans the root of the "mainboard PCI" tree.

ron

Here goes

================

#include <console/console.h>
#include <device/device.h>
#include <device/pci.h>
#include <device/pci_ids.h>
#include <device/pci_ops.h>

#include <arch/io.h>
#include <device/chip.h>
#include "chip.h"

static int
mainboard_scan_bus(device_t root, int maxbus)
{
	int retval;
	printk_spew("%s: root %p maxbus %d\n", __FUNCTION__, root, maxbus);
	retval = pci_scan_bus(root->bus, 0, 0xff, maxbus);
	printk_spew("DONE %s: return %d\n", __FUNCTION__, maxbus);
	return maxbus;
}

static struct device_operations mainboard_operations = {
	.read_resources   = root_dev_read_resources,
	.set_resources    = root_dev_set_resources,
	.enable_resources = enable_childrens_resources,
	.init             = 0,
	.scan_bus         = mainboard_scan_bus,
	.enable           = 0,
};

static void enumerate(struct chip *chip)
{
	struct chip *child;
	dev_root.ops = &mainboard_operations;
	chip->dev = &dev_root;
	chip->bus = 0;
	for(child = chip->children; child; child = child->next) {
		child->bus = &dev_root.link[0];
	}
}
struct chip_control mainboard_via_epia_control = {
	.enumerate = enumerate,
	.name      = "VIA EPIA mainboard ",
};