config tool + tree enumeration

Stefan Reinauer stepan at suse.de
Mon Sep 29 06:47:01 CEST 2003

* Eric W. Biederman <ebiederman at lnxi.com> [030929 12:19]:
> > I suspect it might be connected to the highest bus number set in
> > the default resource map, but I did not try more in this direction
> > yet.
>
> But it is not consistent?

iirc default_resource_map sets the highest bus number to 0xff, so
it should be above what we ever need. Finding the real highest bus
number is not possible until after the enumeration anyways, is it?

> And what you are hangs.  Very, very weird.  And this is not with
> SST chips?

I've been using an SST 49LF040 (the one that is per default in all
Quartets and Khepris), but I guess it's unrelatet this time. I had no
boot trouble so far with the 040 type, only trouble while flashing.
The boot trouble was solely on the 080 type. But this might be
coincidence.

> And that is also very strange.  I need to start synchronizing my
> tree with the public one, now that it seems to be working.  And I have
> some romcc cleanups to do.  I finally have the core infrastructure in
> place for making inline optional, which should help a lot on the size
> issues.

This would be great, especially helping to test the SMP configurations
with the Winbond 256k flash parts I have to see if that changes the
problem.

  Stefan
--
Architecture Team