Working with tsop flash

Adam Agnew agnew at cs.umd.edu
Sat Sep 27 02:13:00 CEST 2003

Hi Kevin. I am skeptical that a beginner solderer could pull that off.
It's very very tiny work. However, a couple of us have contacted the
following gentleman, and his company gets the job done well and cheaply
(expect to pay a few hundred, which is preferred to a few dead
motherboards).

Henry Ho of Century Technology, Inc.
hho * century-technology * com
650 583 8908

There's no problem using an eprom programmer if you write a bad flash, but
its easier to just have a spare tsop flash chip (intel firmware hubs and
standard flash chips aren't interchangable however).

- Adam Agnew