via epia

ron minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Fri Sep 26 00:29:01 CEST 2003

OK, if you
cd targets
./buildtarget epia/via
-bash-2.05b$ cd targets/via/epia/epia/
-bash-2.05b$ make
if (cd fallback; \
        make linuxbios.rom)\
then true; else exit 1; fi;
make[1]: Entering directory
`/home/rminnich/src/bios/freebios2/targets/via/epia/epia/fallback'
./romcc   -O ./auto.E > auto.inc
.
.
.
auto.c:58.57: 0x84d5768 copy Internal compiler error: bad variable access
make[1]: *** [auto.inc] Error 134
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/rminnich/src/bios/freebios2/targets/via/epia/epia/fallback'
make: *** [fallback-rom] Error 1
-bash-2.05b$

oops, you can see there's an internal compiler error.

This is all skeleton code -- mostly empty functions at this point.

Debugging hints for romcc are welcome. I need help now.

I'm done for the day, anyone wants to take a look, please do. This is our
first "normal" freebios2 port, hence will have troubles, but I think we
want to do this.

C >= assembly.

If somebody wants to help me automate the tarball build, at sourceforge,
I can use the help. Seems to me I ought to be able to do this
cvs -d /freebios/cvs_tree co

automagically each night. But the cvs tree is no where to be found from my
sourceforge login. But I'll gratefully take any help in getting the
tarball build automated.

thanks

ron