Does anyone has text console or framebuffer working on SC1200 without VGA-BIOS ?

Bernd Mödeker moedeker at hmk-gmbh.de
Wed Sep 24 06:50:01 CEST 2003

Hi all,

after googleling for "xpressloader" I found some information about the
vga architecture of SC1200. All known VGA bioses need an VSA-Bios which
emulates the standard vga registers and mappings. So Linuxbios is not
able to use vga at SC1200. Also the framebuffer driver nsc.o (v 2.77)
needs this VSA1 oder VSA2 bios. The only way to find out of this mess
may be the use of XFree86 V4.x which directly uses the SC1200 hardware.
But I had this not tested - yet.

Here is the very interesting link:
 http://www.larwe.com/technical/geode_linux.html

Bernd