NS Geode GX1 + CS5530 +PC 97317 superio

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Tue Sep 23 20:48:00 CEST 2003

On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 10:15:40PM +0530, amits at myrealbox.com wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> How do I extract the VGA BIOS from the Insyde ExpressROM??the same way as in
> case of the EPIA will work? ANd in that case ... how can we find out IF it
> uses some calls that are implemented in the underlying XpressROM BIOS ??

XpressROM is a minimalist BIOS sold by Insyde.

XpressLOADER is another name for the BLDT, available from either Insyde or
NSC. (I believe it's still NSC.)

BLDT is the Boot Loader Development Toolkit and contains some building
blocks for making a BIOS similar to the XpressROM but lacking a few features
that may or may not be critical. ACPI and various legacy BIOS services e.g.

The BLDT is (was) available free of charge and IIRC you're even allowed to
develop open source software after reading it. Don't take my word for this
though.

See if you can get hold of the BLDT, I think it'll make things a lot easier
than dealing with XpressROM, especially when what you really want to do is
run LinuxBIOS. :)

//Peter