Does anyone has text console or framebuffer working on SC1200 without VGA-BIOS ?

Bernd Mödeker moedeker at hmk-gmbh.de
Tue Sep 23 15:09:00 CEST 2003

> > I tried the following bios which I extracted from insyde bios:
> >
> > sh-2.05b# ./testbios elpin.vga -d 94
> > running file elpin.vga
> > No size specified. defaulting to 32k
> > No base specified. defaulting to 0xc0000
> > No initial code segment specified. defaulting to 0xc000
> > No initial instruction pointer specified. defaulting to 0x0003
> > halt_sys: file ops.c, line 9836
> > halted
> > sh-2.05b#
>
> that's annoying. I've tried to add more helpful output to the x86 emulator
> from X11 (such as all the messages above) but obviously I missed some
> important bits.
>

> can you decode this a bit for me? What is it looking for in terms of
> devid, and how is the pci read returning wrong values?

the internal vga pci device at 0:12.4 should be found when you write
0x80009400 to pci index reg
0xcf8. After that the value 0x0504100b should be returned at 0xcfc as vendor
id (0x100b) and device id (0x0504).
After single stepping this return value AX is set to 0x4000 and not 0x100b.
Unfortunaly EAX is not printed:

c000:0124 ed                  IN        EAX,DX
c000:124 -
        AX=4000  BX=0000  CX=0000  DX=0cfc  SP=ffea  BP=0000  SI=0000
DI=0000
        DS=0000  ES=c000  SS=0030  CS=c000  IP=0126   NV UP DI PL ZR NA PE
NC

If I check this with the pciset tool I get the right values back. Also I
tried to read these value back under InsydeBIOS with bootet DOS.

Bernd