epia800

Adam Agnew agnew at cs.umd.edu
Tue Sep 23 00:38:01 CEST 2003

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003, Steve Gehlbach wrote:

> ron minnich wrote:
> >>
> >>Interesting.  What payload are u using?  I have been using etherboot which
> >>is pretty stable.  However, Filo will be my next target.
> >>

> Filo works very well.  I am working with Takeshi to put bzImage boot
> into it also.
>
> Actually, my ide problems were with filo, but the ide code is the same,
> I think-- it all is from etherboot AFAIK.  My CF drive works (128M) but
> 1.2G WD Caviar fails.

There are slight differences between the ide code from my etherboot patch
(i believe this is where takeshi took the polled ide code from) and the
polled ide code in etherboot development branches. If you're having
trouble with one, it may be worth trying the other. Takeshi really did a
fine job with Filo and I'd like to see if replace my etherboot patch for
its admitted hackishness alone :)

- Adam Agnew