EPIA Information...

Nathanael Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Thu Sep 18 02:45:00 CEST 2003

Hello
	I have received shipment of my epia flash. Although my flash came with
an SST chip. www.badflash.com sent me a Windbond chip. I was a little
worried, but after using flash_rom to extract the original bios. I
proceeded to flash this new chip. It all worked. I rebooted and
everything is as it should be. It is unfortunate that I had to pay $10
to find this out, since I have 10 of those chips here for another
project. The chip sent is W29C020CP90B. So as to let others know, you
can use those in replacement of the original BIOS chip on the EPIA-800.
I would suspect that the EPIA-500 and such would also work, but well
can't guarantee it.

Now on to flashing linuxBIOS to these chips... How exciting... I wonder
though if it is prudent to do this at 1am...;) oh well.

--
Nathanael Noblet
Gnat Solutions

T/F 403.288.5360