Help! with Linuxbios + EPIA 5000 + Etherboot

SONE Takeshi ts1 at tsn.or.jp
Tue Sep 16 14:08:00 CEST 2003

On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 06:51:00PM +0200, Hubert Denkmair wrote:
> First of all there's no line "CFLAGS+= -DPCIBIOS" to comment out in the
> etherboot-5.0.11 "Config" file - I assume it might be a typo in the
> howto and commented out the line "CFLAGS+= -DPCBIOS", but it won't work.

Yeah, it must be a typo.

> ---
> bin32/via-rhine.o(.text+0x2e8): In function `rhine_probe1':
> : undefined reference to `currticks'
> ---

Perhaps you don't have the -DCONFIG_TSC_CURRTICKS option in the Config.

> Opposing to etherboot-5.0 there are no linuxbios options so I suppose
> they are not needed any more. The etherboot-5.2 package compiles fine
> (I'm doing a "make bin/via-rhine.elf").

Etherboot 5.2 has another Config file in arch/i386 directory.
You have to edit this file too.

> Now, who can help be getting linuxbios/etherboot to work at all, or -
> better: boot from local IDE?

You might want to look at FILO: http://te.to/~ts1/filo/
for booting from local filesystem on IDE disk.
--
Takeshi