DoC on Eipa

Niki Waibel niki.waibel at newlogic.com
Tue Sep 16 03:36:01 CEST 2003

> does anybody have experience with DOC's on an Epia-M board? I read in a previous message (
> http://www.mail-archive.com/linuxbios@clustermatic.org/msg03307.html )
> that the DOC Millennium 8MB Module MD2802-D08 might work.
> Can anybody confirm
> this?

i am currently playing with this.
my epia-m has no DIP32 socket.
i decided to use a DIP2PLCC adapter to use the MD2802-D08.
so i can plug it directly into the bios socket.

> They also say I need a ZIF socket, which makes sense, and an DIP-32 256K X8 120NS
> Atmel Flash Memory. I don't really understand
> what I would need that for.

i dont understand.
you could exchange the rom ... but then there is no space for the MD2802-D08.

> Also I read that the EPIA-M still has problems with some DDR-Rams. Does anybody
> have a list which Rams are supported?

i am currently trying to use (mount;-) the the MD2802-D08 when plugged
into the bios socket. this seems to be much more tricky then i thought.
i've already written some test prg -- and it seems that the behavior of
my DoC is very strange.

niki