National SC1200 with DP83815 Ethernetcontroller problem

Bernd Mödeker moedeker at hmk-gmbh.de
Wed Sep 10 14:43:01 CEST 2003

Hi list,

all SC1200 internal devices were correctly detected by pci bus scan. But the
only external device DP83815 count'nt be detected.

Scanning PCI bus...PCI: pci_scan_bus for bus 0
POST: 0x24
PCI: 00:00.0 [1078/0001]
PCI: 00:12.0 [100b/0500]
PCI: 00:12.1 [100b/0501]
PCI: 00:12.2 [100b/0502]
PCI: 00:12.3 [100b/0503]
PCI: 00:12.4 [100b/0504]
PCI: 00:12.5 [100b/0505]
PCI: 00:13.0 [0e11/a0f8]
POST: 0x25

I am missing: PCI: 00:0E.0 [100b/0020]

After some measurements I saw that there is a PCI frame generated during an
access, but no ADxx signals are high during this frame. Normally AD24 which
is connected to IDSEL of the Ethernetcontroller should be "high". So the
DP83815 don't think that he is selected. My suggestion is that the external
pci bus is not correct initialized.

I attached some files of my configuration.

Has anybody some advises to me?

Thanks
Benno

Sorry for sending to admin