more than a segment of code

Stefan Reinauer stepan at suse.de
Wed Sep 10 10:01:01 CEST 2003

* Eric W. Biederman <ebiederman at lnxi.com> [030910 14:38]:
> > Is there any solution except stripping down?
>
> Fixing romcc so it does not inline everything.

This sounds like it's going to be pretty complex

> There are a lot of good reasons for keeping LinuxBIOS within 64K.  The
> two top ones are to limit code bloat and because startup is very
> tricky if you don't fit into 64K.

ack

> One thing you can look at is to strip down the debugging messages from
> the romcc code.  That has at times made a large difference.

I got it compiling now with a log level of 7, but unfortunately it
doesnt produce much output with that:
LinuxBIOS-1.1.4.0Fallback Mit Sep 10 15:13:38 CEST 2003 starting...

LinuxBIOS-1.1.4.0Fallback Mit Sep 10 15:13:38 CEST 2003 starting...

Looks like it at least attempts to reset when doing ht init ...
I'll switch as much debug on as possible again now..

  Stefan

--
Architecture Team
    SuSE Linux AG