Laptop with Sis 650 chipset

prl-linuxbios at sychron.com prl-linuxbios at sychron.com
Tue Sep 9 13:14:00 CEST 2003

> I would love to see this happen, the only problem will be the lcd control
> I think.

Hm - I haven't quite got your idea of scale, Ron.  Is that "problem" a
"slight inconvenience" or "several months and NDA'd docs"? :)

I have seen various traffic go past about video BIOS, and noted how Adam
and Adam dealt with extracting the "real" VGA BIOS. Is that what you are
referring to? Or, given that SiS make decent chips and Ollie's a nice
helpful guy, is there a reasonable chance of success the direct way?

Can anyone comment on the differences between the 650 and M650 (the
notebook version)? The chipset is billed as 650, but as it's a laptop, I
rather assume that it will be a M650.

The I/O chip is a SiS 962 for what it's worth (USB 2 and FireWire).
Anyone thinking of a USB stack yet???

Anyway, it's ordered. More news, including lspci -vv when I have it
(they're telling me Thursday).