epia800 direct vga working

SONE Takeshi ts1 at tsn.or.jp
Tue Sep 9 12:49:00 CEST 2003

On Sun, Sep 07, 2003 at 07:06:38PM -0700, Steve Gehlbach wrote:
> I finally got the epia 800 (vt8601 chipset) direct register vga working.
>  The diff is short, so I attached it.

I tried this tonight and it's working on my EPIA 5000!
Thanks for the great work.

However there is some issue.
via_vga.c doesn't compile when VIDEO_SHOW_LOGO is not defined.
I added an extra #ifdef - #endif to a '}' near the end of the file
to compile.

Secondly, shadow ram code in vgainit.inc doesn't work for me,
because I don't use "biosbase 0xffff0000" option, the asm part
itself executes on the shadowed area.
When I added "biosbase 0xffff0000" to my config, it doesn't build
because of the binutils issue.
I have tried this option before (when my binutils was old)
but it just hung, for reason I don't know.
So, I just commented out the shadow ram code, and it still works just fine.
I don't know if it affects the warm boot issue, since the warm boot
always fails for me, I'm always doing a system reset through
the ISA bridge.

--
Takeshi