Acquiring Flash Parts

Michel Belleau michel.belleau at malaiwah.com
Mon Sep 8 19:19:01 CEST 2003

Selon linuxbios-request at clustermatic.org:

> Hello,
> 	I have an EPIA 800. I would like to start with linux bios on this
> machine. Unfortunately, they only sell the flash parts in rails of 30.
> at 2.70 a piece we're not talking a passive investment. Wondering two
> things. Can I use a different part. If so, how do I find out, and which
> ones would work? Are there places I can order in fewer quantities? Does
> anyone else with an EPIA board have a different flash part then me (SST
> 39SF020A 70-4C-NH)? What parts are they using etc...

Hi. I have a EPIA 800 too. I don't want to make an ad for them, but
www.badflash.com sent me two blank chips by mail for 10$ each. That's fair and
I can keep a backup copy of my original BIOS away from my test lab in case
something goes terribly wrong. They didn't send me the exact same SST chip,
but it works great.

--
Michel Belleau <michel.belleau at malaiwah.com>