about etherboot and mkelfImage

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Sat Sep 6 00:02:00 CEST 2003

Adam Agnew <agnew at cs.umd.edu> writes:

> You may also want to try mkelfImage-1.6 (in the linuxbios tree). I've
> found it to work more often. I also experienced an error using the newest
> mkelfImage where it would load from linuxbios but not etherboot. But that
> was perhaps my binutils as well.

Hmm.  I think that may have been a transient etherboot bug.  I know I
fixed a very peculiar bug that kept memtest86 from loading with
etherboot.

As far as I can tell 2.5 is the most stable, although binutils likes
to miscompile it.  The nicest part with 2.5 is once you get it
compiled it has not external dependencies except libc so it works
in a lot more strange settings.

Eric