Benefit of using ROM Emulator and debugging on VT8623/VT8235

Andrew Ip aip at cwlinux.com
Fri Sep 5 13:40:00 CEST 2003

Hi,

	I ask those who are using ROM emulator for developing
LinuxBIOS.  What is the benefit of using it besides flashing romimage?
Is it possible to do any code tracing?  At the moment, I'm having
hard time to trace an interrupt problem on vt8623/vt8235(similar
to EPIA-M) where Award'USB works but LinuxBIOS doesn't.  However,
both has the same IRQ assignments.  Furthermore, same code works
on EPIA-M with proper IRQ settings.  Any suggestion on debugging
tools?  Thanks.

-Andrew

--
Andrew Ip
Email:  aip at cwlinux.com
Tel:    (852) 2542 2046
Fax:    (852) 2542 2036
Mobile: (852) 9201 9866

Cwlinux Limited
Unit 202B 2/F Lai Cheong Factory Building,
479-479A Castle Peak Road,
Lai Chi Kok, Kowloon,
Hong Kong.

For public pgp key, please obtain it from http://www.keyserver.net/en.