Hangs at PCI ressources

Andrew Ip aip at cwlinux.com
Fri Sep 5 13:32:01 CEST 2003

Hi Michel,

It is normal, at least for me.  :)  Your kernel need to skip
pci_scan_slot devfn > 0xa8.

-Andrew

On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 12:05:12PM -0400, Michel Belleau wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
> I just wanted to tell you that I finally received my two spare flash chips for
> my EPIA800. Considering I couldn't make it work with the Millenium, I'm trying
> to make it work with a standard flash chip now.
>
> At my surprise this morning, IT BOOTED! I saw something on the serial console.
> It looks like it's trying to allocate PCI ressources but just hangs in here. I
> see the greeting, it looks like it finds the southbridge but it hangs right
> after that. I remember seeing that it fails to "config_pci_direct" or something
> like that..
>
> What did I do wrong? What can I check when I'll be back home tonight? Thanks!
>
> --
> Michel Belleau <michel.belleau at malaiwah.com>

Andrew Ip
Email:  aip at cwlinux.com
Tel:    (852) 2542 2046
Fax:    (852) 2542 2036
Mobile: (852) 9201 9866

Cwlinux Limited
Unit 202B 2/F Lai Cheong Factory Building,
479-479A Castle Peak Road,
Lai Chi Kok, Kowloon,
Hong Kong.

For public pgp key, please obtain it from http://www.keyserver.net/en.