New to list

Richard Smith rsmith at bitworks.com
Fri Sep 5 12:38:01 CEST 2003

Mike Westfall wrote:

>>> I don't see a superIO in your device listing though.  What does your
>>> serial ports?
>>
> Ok, I was blowing smoke.
>
> The serial ports (and other stuff) are handled by a Winbond W83977TF
> chip, which I suppose is connected to the PIIX4E's ISA bus...

Correct.  The southbrige will pass all the legacy IO's to the isa buss.
  mouse and keyboard are usually in that group of superIO functions as
well.

I looked at the superio tree and there is a W83977ef but not a tf you
will need to get the datasheets and look at the difference between the
them.  Of course you can probally just try the ef and see what happens.
  If you don't get any serial activity though you will have to fix
whatever superio serial port issues there are.

I'm really interested in you trying this board so I can see if all my
changes to the 440bx tree work for someone else besides me.  I don't
beleive they have been re-tested by someone else since they were comitted.

--
Richard A. Smith
rsmith at bitworks.com