New to list

Mike Westfall mikew at lanl.gov
Fri Sep 5 11:52:01 CEST 2003

Mike Westfall wrote:
> Richard Smith wrote:
>
>> I don't see a superIO in your device listing though.  What does your
>> serial ports?
>

> I'm assuming that legacy devices are taken care of by the PIIX4
> southbridge (FW82371EB).
>
> But I'm probably just blowing smoke, 'cause I don't really know...

Ok, I was blowing smoke.

The serial ports (and other stuff) are handled by a Winbond W83977TF
chip, which I suppose is connected to the PIIX4E's ISA bus...

Mike Westfall          Software/Systems Engineer,
Phone: 505.665.5256    NIS-4, Space Instrumentation and Systems Engineering,
Email: mikew at lanl.gov  Nonproliferation and International Security Division.
Snail: Mailstop D448, PO Box 1663, Los Alamos National Laboratory, NM 87545