via-rhine driver on 2.4.19 on EPIA M-800

Steve Gehlbach steve at nexpath.com
Wed Sep 3 11:17:00 CEST 2003

ron minnich wrote:

> via-rhine on 2.4.19 is working very poorly for us. We can plug a tulip
> board into the PCI slot and the board works quite well, but if we use the
> via-rhine we get errors and poor performance. Is the via-rhine driver any
> better on 2.4.19+1, 2, or more?

There have been many changes to the via-rhine driver AFAIK.  I can't
remember where it started working right, but sometime around 2.4.20 I
think.  I don't have 2.4.19 unpacked, but at 2.4.18, the driver version
is 1.1.13.  In 2.4.21, the driver version is 1.1.17, so that is 4
versions later, and based on the comments in the driver, lots of changes.

-Steve