help with filo

SONE Takeshi ts1 at tsn.or.jp
Thu Oct 30 01:27:00 CET 2003

On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 09:06:54PM -0000, Russell Gower wrote:
> I'm trying to use filo to boot from a cdrom which is on hdb, it looks to me
> that using boot: hdb1 should do it but i'm getting Unsupported sector size
> 2352.

What CD (medium) did you use?
Is it CD-XA or something?
Or does that happen to every CDs you try?

> Eltorito is enabled in the Config file.

Note that El Torito is not always needed to boot CD.
In FILO, El Torito is used just as a partitioning scheme, and the
contained image (like syslinux) is never executed, because they are
realmode code that calls legacy BIOS.
See some examples of how to boot a CD in these posts.
http://www.clustermatic.org/pipermail/linuxbios/2003-October/005568.html
http://www.clustermatic.org/pipermail/linuxbios/2003-October/005633.html
--
Takeshi