customization

SONE Takeshi ts1 at tsn.or.jp
Thu Oct 23 14:28:01 CEST 2003

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 11:04:37AM -0500, mannitol wrote:
> I have not yet attempted to set up a linux bios. From the guides that I've skimmed through so far I think I shouldn't have too much trouble. I was wondering what kinds of customization options are included. I would like to display a bitmap as the bios loads and hide any messages that would normally be displayed. I know, of course, that this can be done. Unfortunatly I am not much of a programmer. Is there a relatively easy way to do this? Any help would be appreciated.

The code to show splash image to standard VGA graphics screen
is in the CVS tree.
It should work out-of-the-box for boards that VGA (without VGABIOS)
is supported.

I also did similar thing for SuperVGA mode using VGABIOS.
It was working but I didn't post the code to the list,
and it doesn't work for now because mainstream code changed.

My plan was to display the image as quick as possible when the power
is up, and keep this screen until the user-space application starts and
displays its own screen, so my device would look much like appliances
rather than PC.
--
Takeshi