HDAMA + FILO

SONE Takeshi ts1 at cma.co.jp
Fri Oct 10 05:09:00 CEST 2003

On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 02:13:00AM -0700, Craig C. Forney wrote:
> I suspect that maybe FILO has done something naughty to the IDE
> registers,

I think the IDE driver that FILO uses does only very basic operation
to the IDE.

However LinuxBIOS might set up the IDE controller as different way
than Phoenix.

Could you use Etherboot as payload, and do a network boot (not IDE
boot, it uses almost same driver) to see what happen?

> as I think the root mount is the first work the kernel is
> doing on the disk.  The kernel can see the CDROM (as well as all the
> other non-IDE devices).

Partion table is the first thing the kernel reads from disk.
Does it go well?

> Anybody have any ideas on this?

Also, if you were using /vmlinuz, try ELF boot instead (convert your kernel
with mkelfImage from LNXI).
bzImage loader could have bugs.

--
Takeshi