Hdama + etherboot problems

Stefan Reinauer stepan at suse.de
Wed Oct 8 06:27:01 CEST 2003

* Craig C Forney <cforney at opus.com> [031008 09:45]:
> I'm compiling everything on a stock SuSE 8.2 Professional release with
> the stock compilers on an Intel-based laptop (I ran into problems
> earlier trying to make the Linuxbios native on the Arima board, as
> there are some in-line assembly code issues that still need to be
> resolved).

Compiling natively is possible by adding the following 2 lines to the
target Config.lb:

uses CC
option CC="gcc -m32"

> I've been able to create a linuxbios.rom using the latest code from
> sourceforge (earlier today).  I changed raminit.c to accommodate
> 200Mhz registered memory (this case is missing in raminit.c), as this
> is the memory that I have.

Can you provide a patch? This sounds like a must-have in the freebios2
tree.

> I programmed a FLASH part with linuxbios.rom and turned on the
> machine.
> It goes through what looks like reasonable startup stuff, finds the
> etherboot payload, loads it, and tries to run it.  It then appears to go
> back and reboot before anything interesting is reported happening in
> etherboot, and then repeats this cycle forever.

Did you change the etherboot config file to build for LinuxBIOS?
src/arch/i386/config

> I don't like the looks of the irq_routing_table checksum error, but I'm
> not sure if it is a problem or not, at this point.

No, etherboot does not need the pirq table iirc.

  Stefan

--
Architecture Team
    SuSE Linux AG