cleanup: SMBUS_MEM_DEVICE_[START|END]

Stefan Reinauer stepan at suse.de
Tue Oct 7 10:47:01 CEST 2003

* ron minnich <rminnich at lanl.gov> [031006 17:24]:
> On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
>
> > the two config variables SMBUS_MEM_DEVICE_START and SMBUS_MEM_DEVICE_END
> > are only used by ./src/sdram/generic_dump_spd.c.
>
> Kill 'em1

They're gone. generic_dump_spd.c seems to be duplicate in every opteron
board's debug.c file. I used the opteron version, but replaced
smbus_read_byte by spd_read_byte since some motherboards might need
additional ops to access spd. Since the code in
./src/sdram/generic_dump_spd.c is not used at all currently, it might
stay there getting used, or rather go away.
Where's a good place for the functions from the motherboards' debug.c?
Those seem to be pretty much the same across the different supported
boards.

  Stefan
--
Architecture Team