Patch for V2 new config

ron minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Wed Oct 1 11:56:01 CEST 2003

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Greg Watson wrote:

> If my understanding is correct, you want to have an option value that
> has a mainboard specific default value, but that can be overridden in
> the target configuration file?
>
> If this is the case, then my preference would be to do something like
> the following in the mainboard file:
>
> if ~ ROM_IMAGE_SIZE
> 	option ROM_IMAGE_SIZE = 65536
> end
>
> where the '~' operator means "hasn't been set".
>
> It seems to me this would be clearer than changing a default value,
> possibly after the value has already been set.

well, guys, here is how it works not.

ROM_IMAGE_SIZE is define in Options.lb (read first) with no default value.

In the config (e.g. targets/via/epia/Config.lb) you can set something
like:
option ROM_IMAGE_SIZE=512*1024

If there is no setting, then what applies is in the mainboard file:

default ROM_IMAGE_SIZE=256*1024

however, I did not know about this 'hasn't been set' stuff. Sorry. Greg, I
have no problem with that.

ron