About Hardreset on Opteron MB

Stefan Reinauer stepan at suse.de
Tue Nov 18 16:25:01 CET 2003

* YhLu <YhLu at tyan.com> [031118 22:50]:
> I have checked the latest code again for Opteron MB. The MB still needs to
> reset three times to get it done.

> Can we only reset the MB only time to make the HT work at the need
> speed/width?

It should be enough to set a global variable "reset_needed" (maybe even
in CMOS) and check this, probably after all device drivers have been
executed and thus had the chance to set that flag.

> I mean only enable the reset in
> PCI: 00:19.3 init
> NB: Function 3 Misc Control.. resetting cpu

When changing the parameters on Solo I always got it to one of the
reboots - My best result was to get it to the Misc Control reset before
it would hang hard.

   Stefan

--
     Stefan Reinauer, SUSE LINUX AG