440BX and SDRAM

Svante Signell svante.signell at telia.com
Tue Nov 18 12:51:01 CET 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 15:59, Erik Jansson wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I have been playing with  LinuxBIOS on motherboards with Intel's 440BX
> chipset. I have  a whole bunch of them: a Microbits Epox EP-61 BXA-M,
> an MSI MS6120 (dual), an Intel development board and a custom designed
> BX board). I have managed to get most of the stuff up and running. Two
> things are missing though...

> 2. Dual CPU support on the MSI board.
> I'm running a LinuxBIOS from CVS dated 2003-11-04.
>
> /Erik
Have you installed the LinuxBIOS on the MSI-6120. Interesting. I'm about
to do this when I get my Tualatin 1.3GHz running properly (single to
start with, dual later) on the MOBO with the AMI v2.0 BIOS installed. I
have serious problems with slowness when running with this CPU (and a
SLOT-T adapter), see my postings on the l2-cache activation code.