How to use Filo as a payload ?

Peter Fox peter.fox at aeroflex.com
Mon Nov 10 03:51:01 CET 2003

Thanks, but that didn't help. I've added some debug code, and it looks
like the payload stream is not set up - the stream->init()
call in elfboot.c blows up (reboots before seeing any printks
after the call to stream->init()).

The sources seem to imply the stream should be set up by the
linker script, but there is nothing in my linker script that
looks like it will do it.

Indeed looking at the linuxbios_c.map I see:

00008db8 T pc_keyboard_init
00008ec0 R epci_drivers
00008ec0 R estreams
00008ec0 R pci_drivers
00008ec0 R _rodata
00008ec0 R streams
00008ec0 T _etext
00009420 R intel_irq_routing_table

Which kind of implies there is no stream.

Any idea how the streams are supposed to be set up ?

I should have pointed out that my elite target is simply a clone
of the stpc consumer2 stuff, with all the VGA related bits
removed, at the moment.

--
Peter Fox <peter.fox at aeroflex.com>     Aeroflex Test Solutions
Principal Design Engineer                            Stevenage