Help on config of "epia-m.config" file

Takeshi Sone ts1 at tsn.or.jp
Fri Nov 7 05:50:00 CET 2003

On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 11:27:33AM +0100, Niki Waibel wrote:

> >> What is the file to edit ....to have 256Mbyte?
> >
> > Just as a reminder, this is the only hardware on linuxbios that you "patch
> > a file" to get memory size, and we hope to fix this soon. The EPIA-M port
> > is not a good example!
>
> the question was not answered.
> i am interested in this too.

Maybe I am wrong, because I don't have an EPIA-M, or the datasheet of the
northbridge.

There is code like this in freebios/src/northbridge/via/vt8623/raminit.inc:

        CS_WRITE($0x5a, $0x08)
        CS_WRITE($0x5b, $0x08)
        CS_WRITE($0x5c, $0x08)
        CS_WRITE($0x5d, $0x08)

Change all the 0x08's to 0x10 for 256MB, 0x20 for 512MB, etc.
If your DIMM is double-sided, halve the value of the first one.

Always test with memtest86 before running Linux, corrupt RAM
configuration may damage your filesystem.
--
Takeshi