device configuration

Greg Watson gwatson at lanl.gov
Mon Nov 3 20:53:00 CET 2003

Hi,

Can someone please provide some assistance on the new device
configuration setup? For example, how do I configure the IDE
controller on a Winbond chip? I used to do this through the enable
routine in the chip_control structure but this is no longer used.
I've tried using the enable_dev routine, but it never seems to get
called. Do I need to do something with the 'pci' configuration
statement? What is the purpose of these? I've tried defining 'pci
0:9.0 on' and 'pci 0:9.1 on' but it doesn't make any difference.

Thanks,

Greg