arima/hdama fails from current cvs

Stefan Reinauer stepan at suse.de
Mon Nov 3 19:08:01 CET 2003

* ron minnich <rminnich at lanl.gov> [031104 00:07]:
> I just did a cvs update, built linuxbios for the arima/hdama, and tested
> it out. It failed.

Any problems besides the bus problem on hdama? It seems that LinuxBIOS
goes some way of emerge and pucker on K8 lately.

> Looks like the ethernet is now back on bus 2, and linux does not see the
> ethernets at all.

Maybe an additional entry in irq_tables.c helps?
 /* Let Linux know about bus 1 */
 {0x01, (0x04<<3)|3, {{0x00, 0xdef8}, {0x00, 0xdef8}, {0x00, 0xde
f8}, {0x00, 0xdef8}}, 0x00, 0},

seems to do it's job for bus1. bus2 has entries for device 3 and 4. Are
these correct for the current tree?
All these infrastructural changes seem to cry for automatic irq-table
generation..

Another thing, when talking about tables: Is there anything serious
speaking against including a minimal set of ACPI tables to get things
like HPET timers working? Or is there another viable way for enabling
these?

   Stefan

--
     Stefan Reinauer, SUSE LINUX AG