Via MVP4

Jonas Meyer shitse at web.de
Fri May 23 10:59:01 CEST 2003

On Thu, 22 May 2003 16:42:17 +0200
Jonas Meyer <shitse at web.de> wrote:

> Hi
> I've got this K6-2 that i haven'T used in months and would like to put linuxbios on. Chipset seems to be a MVP4 (vt8501) which i found some files for in the linuxbios source directory. But i'm still not sure if it is worth trying to replace the BIOS.
> I'd rather want to change the BIOS of my dual-P3 on a 440BX board, but as this is my primary machine i want to first do it on another. all the other Boards i have are intel FX Boards, which seem absolutely unsupported.
> I'd appreciate any help you can give.
> Thanks in advance
> Jonas Meyer

This board hasn't got a bios anyways. Needed the chip some time ago. So i wouldn't care if it worked bad, but i really would love to give it a try if any of you said there are chances that i at least get an output on the serial line. So what do you say, is there any chance the current linuxbios will do anything on this board? i'd want to run etherboot if it is possible, but don't want to try something that never had a chance to work.
Jonas