Flashing Intel (L440GX) BIOS

ron minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Tue May 20 08:47:00 CEST 2003

On Tue, 20 May 2003, Jonathan B. Horen wrote:

> Running lsup2_0.exe on a Windows system gives me, among other things, a
> BIOS directory.  This directory contains BAT files, README and RELNOTES,
> BIOS files, and their IFLASH.EXE utility.

have you tried first installing the bios on that floppy so you know what
it is like? I'm not kidding. Do it once or twice so you know when it is
working and what the floppy sounds are. The recovery flash on those boards
is a full BIOS -- except for display -- so the floppy actually boots to
DOS and runs autoexec.bat. You need to learn how it sounds.

> The 1.BAT file invokes:
>
>    IFLASH.EXE /P P14-0133.BIO /R
>
> in which I assume /P gives the file to load (or the first file in a
> group of files to load), and /R reboots afterward... or not ;-)

First file in a group of files, you got it. You really need to find the
ancient scripts that take a linuxbios romimage, slice and dice it, and
turn it into the sequence of files that iflash.exe understands.

ron