Passes RAM test, but hangs at jumping to RAM

ron minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Fri May 16 11:48:01 CEST 2003

On Fri, 16 May 2003, Frank wrote:

> Sounds like you may have a signal integrety problem. try hanging
> a scope on the address and data lines and look for transients...

To show you how bad this can get. The last problem I had with an 8601
before I gave up was that a function got called from, e.g, address
f8048. The return PC got pushed on the stack as something like f804c.
These are not the exact numbers as this was a long time ago.

The data error was such that most of linuxbios was working, but in this
case, bit 3 got corrupted. When the RET was executed, the return address
was f8048.

Infinite loop. At that point I gave up.

These data corruption problems can be very difficult.

ron