etherboot

Richard Smith rsmith at bitworks.com
Thu May 15 11:23:01 CEST 2003

Adam Agnew wrote:

> eep. Hrmm.. It looks like you're following the directions for one
> etherboot, but using a different etherboot. If you're using etherboot
> 5.0.6 with my polled io / file system patch, then you want to:
>
> 1) Make sure that compact flash adapter is the primary master (hda not hde
> as long as you're going to use (hd0,0) ).
>
> 2) Just make a regular partition table, make sure the first primary
> partition is ext2 or ext3, and then save that kernel image as /kernel .
>
> 3) Only follow the directions for writted a kernel to the compact flash
> raw if you're going to use the development branch of etherboot (5.1.8
> presently)

Ah my bad.  Looks like my howto is in error then.  I only have the
building of etherboot seperated out.  I didn't realise the boot method
was different as well.

Adam can you do a short writeup on building etherboot 5.0.x apply your
patches and then the process above?  I'll make 2 different sections in
my FAQ/HOWTO) one for each etherboot version.

--
Richard A. Smith
rsmith at bitworks.com