etherboot

Adam Agnew agnew at cs.umd.edu
Thu May 15 05:36:27 CEST 2003

eep. Hrmm.. It looks like you're following the directions for one
etherboot, but using a different etherboot. If you're using etherboot
5.0.6 with my polled io / file system patch, then you want to:

1) Make sure that compact flash adapter is the primary master (hda not hde
as long as you're going to use (hd0,0) ).

2) Just make a regular partition table, make sure the first primary
partition is ext2 or ext3, and then save that kernel image as /kernel .

3) Only follow the directions for writted a kernel to the compact flash
raw if you're going to use the development branch of etherboot (5.1.8
presently)

- Adam Agnew