[Status] freebios1.1

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Tue May 13 17:10:01 CEST 2003

I have just merged a driver update from SuSE.
IDE should now work.

Resets new work to some extent.

Romcc continues to stabilize.  I have just found a bug in the
register allocator and added a runtime check so the code
will fail at compile time.  In addition I have added a work
around for the common case to let development continue.

The problem is that some instructions must use a specific register,
and when two of those instructions exist, use the same register
and there is not an intermediate instruction that would move the
value from one register to another then romcc fails to put the value
into a different register.  It skips the instruction because
the register is already allocated.

Fixing this problem and in general implement spilling from one
register into another in romcc is now on the todo list.  Doing
this cleanly will take a little time.  But it is also required
to support storing values in the sse/mmx registers and other places.

Eric