freebios2

ron minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Sun May 11 17:23:01 CEST 2003

Eric may be too busy to explain freebios2 so I'll pitch in.

We are trying to freeze the current freebios code base (current goal is
5/15 since fixes keep rolling in) and give people something that works.
First frozen version will be 1.0.1.

Then we want to move to a new 'cruft-free' code base. This seemed the
right time to branch.

I would hope that folks who own mainboards, and who are committers, would
start looking at the new code base and seeing what it takes to get moved
to it. I will be personally starting work on an Arima K8 mainboard this
week.

ron