[linuxBIOS] IDE HDD detecting

Richard Smith rsmith at bitworks.com
Fri May 9 11:50:00 CEST 2003

Edward J. Lee wrote:

> Hi guys, I'm new on the list.

Welcome to linuxBIOS.

> I'm using my own mainboard and I'm having problems with
> IDE HDD probing. the function ide_init() seems to return 0
> *even* there are no HDDs attached on the system.
>
> Anyone know what to do?

Well when I had issues with the native LinuxBIOS IDE code not detecting
the CHS properly with my CF the response I received was to use the ide
driver of Etherboot.  So I got Etherboot 5.1.8 and that fixed my issues.

I would say try etherboot and see if that works then when you know your
hardware is correctly configured and working you can do some
compare/contrast with etherboot and see whats wrong with LB IDE.

--
Richard A. Smith
rsmith at bitworks.com