No keyboard

Richard Smith rsmith at bitworks.com
Mon May 5 16:11:01 CEST 2003

>>I'm suspecting its an IRQ issue.  I see reference to assignirq in the
>>hardwaremain.c and to a assignirq.c. If I enable CONFIG_ASSIGNIRQ then
>>the compile fails claiming it can't find the file assignirq.c
>
> ron forgets a cvs add again. OK, I will add this tonight. I hope to get
> this assign irq stuff in in some form before may 12 (final freeze date --
> may 8 seemed bad as it was a wednesday).
>
> Sorry about that.
>
> The 'no keyboard' sounds more like it could be a chipset thing. Are you
> sure it is enabled properly in the PIIX4?

Pretty sure.  I added printk's into the keyboard.c all the right bits
appear to be getting set and in serveral places the keyboard routines
check for a specific return value back from port 60 if these don't
happen then I print out a failure.   That all seems to run fine.

I suppose I could make the keyboard code spin and wait for a keypress.
That would for sure tell me the hardware was enabled.

--
Richard A. Smith
rsmith at bitworks.com