problem with rom

Steve Gehlbach steve at nexpath.com
Mon May 5 12:46:00 CEST 2003

Serafino Sorrenti wrote:

> # use DOC MIL
> option USE_DOC_MIL=1
> docipl northsouthbridge/sis/730/ipl.S

> # Need to "relocate the gdt" to use a standard flash part (???)
> biosbase 0xffff0000

I don't believe you want to mix these two settings.  ipl.S is real mode
code.  I would remove the biosbase setting altogether.

Further, some of the config you have is from the pcchips787.  The
pcchips787 config is for the sis630 section; the sis730 code is
different and many of the option settings from the pcchips787 are not
going to work well, unfortunately.  I converted the real mode code in
the 630 directory so it would work, I think the same thing might have to
be done for the 730, but I am not sure.

-Steve