440bx ownership

Richard Smith rsmith at bitworks.com
Thu May 1 16:01:00 CEST 2003

tyson at irobot.com wrote:

 > I was the original 440bx developer.  iRobot currently uses a very old
 > version of that stuff that fills our needs well enought that I haven't

Oh.. I see how you are.. _Now_ you speak up after I've aready solved all
my problems.  Where were you when I was tearing my hair out getting RAM
up?  *grin*

Really, though, thanks for all your efforts.  It would have been a
_whole_ lot more difficult if I would have had to start from scratch.

 > been able to find time to update to more recent code.  Though I

That's done now. A large part of me debugging scheme was "Hmmm.. this
seems broken.. Lets just replace it with Erik's generic code and see
what happens."  I've submitted a patch to Ron who should check it in
sometime in the future.

> Though I'm so far out of date with respect to linuxbios that I may not
> be helpful, I'm not against attempting to answer questions that might
> come up.

Perhaps I should send you my diff against the current CVS and let you
take a gander an see if there is anything lurking out to bite me.

Got any generic 440bx board laying around that you could test the new
code on?

--
Richard A. Smith
rsmith at bitworks.com