My Linux bios FAQ/HOWTO preAlpha

Richard Smith rsmith at bitworks.com
Thu May 1 15:00:00 CEST 2003

Over the last 2 weeks or so I've been building a FAQ/HOWTO based on all
my experience getting LB up on our system.

This is the result of those efforts.  Its pre-Alpha.  I've barely
reviewed it.  It's not spell checked and I didn't even consider grammer.
  Just raw stuff as I came across it.

Its heavly based on things that I have direct experince with.  But when
I saw questions and good answers come up on the list I snagged them.

Going back over it I realized that in the cases where I just block
copied what someone else wrote I failed to include credit to the orginal
author.  My apologies.  If you want credit for something you recognize
let me know and I'll add it.  If future I'll try to do a better job on
getting that right in the first place.

I'm happy to take on maintainance of this doc.  So please send me any
answers or improvements and I'll incorporate them.

In places where I need more info I enclosed my request for info in <>
please if you know answers or have info send it to me.

One area that sorely lacking is the Config options Appendix.  I have as
many options documented as I have come across but I know there are many
more.  Please pick an option or 2 that you use thats not yet documented
  and send me an explaniation.

One thing I would like to add as well is a 'Related Options' section to
each option.  And perhaps a 'Conflicts With' or 'Overides' section

Ron:

I'm thinking that this needs to be setup as some sort of LinuxDOC format
or someother text processing package so we can generate html/pdf/text
etc.  What do you think is best?  Also do you have the current FAQ in
text format that I can incorpoate into this?

--
Richard A. Smith
rsmith at bitworks.com