Information about BIOS and the boot process

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Fri Mar 28 14:46:00 CET 2003

On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 11:50:03PM +0530, Deepak Kotian wrote:
> Thanks Ron. The documentation would do a lot of good to
> many in the forum for the new comers (including
> me)
> Lot of queries should get resolved automatically.
>
> The cvs seems to have support of lot of motherboards now, but I guess,
> the knowledge/experience seems to be with the one who have supported
> those boards only.
> If the implementator of LinuxBIOS for the respective motherboard
> spends even 8/10 hours to produce a document of his flow or Design,
> it would benefit a lot.

8-10 hours is a lot of time, unfortunately.

[..snip..]

> These are just suggestions, there may be better way or means to do it
> though.

I've suggested setting up a wiki in another similar situation where
relatively few and busy people had specific knowledge about the system
design.  I'm pretty sure it will work out well.

PhpWiki looks nice, at http://phpwiki.sf.net/ but I didn't get it to run
immediately when I tried setting it up.  I have a slightly unusual
configuration running however so it might just be my bad.

My $0.02.

//Peter